Symington Family Estates Vinhos S.A., as data controller, is fully committed to protecting your privacy and personal data.
At Symington Family Estates we are aware of our legal duty to protect the personal data that we process, whether from our website users, employees, service providers, suppliers or customers, and we comply and enforce the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR) and the Portuguese data protection legislation, Law 58/2019 of August 8th.
- Only authorized persons use personal data for legitimate purposes
- We understand that the security of your data is a priority that we periodically review according to technological evolution
- We know that the personal data is not ours, but of its data subjects
- We promote good practices in the field of Privacy, Data Protection and Information Security, which we continually review because we understand that we are part of a continuous improvement process of, where it is always possible to do more and better.
III. CONCEPTS AND INFORMATION TO THE DATA SUBJECT
1. What is Personal Data and its processing?
a) For the purposes of this Policy, we follow the definition adopted by the GDPR, i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
b) Similarly, processing shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
2. How does Symington Family Estates collect your personal information?
a) As part of our activity we collect and process your personal data by various means, including by telephone, in writing and when you contact us in person.
b) The personal data we collect is only the strictly necessary for our activity and the provision of our services.
c) Symington Family Estates may use automated means to collect information about you, the devices you use and your interaction with our website. These automated means include tracking technologies such as cookies and web server logs, which may collect information such as: IP address, device, operating system, domain and the web page address that brought you to our website.
3. What personal data does Symington Family Estates collect?
a) The categories of data we collect for the purpose of providing our services to our clients depend on the purpose for which we are processing them, including the following, as applicable:
- Identification details (e.g. name, civil identification number, date of birth, nationality)
- Contact details (e.g. telephone number, e-mail, address)
- Academic and professional data (e.g. CV, position)
- Data for invoicing (e.g. tax number)
- IP addresses, operating system, access device, language and other information (described above) collected by cookies
- Biometric data (fingerprint)
- Image, both because certain Symington facilities belonging are under video surveillance, so we can capture your image and for use on the intranet and documentation of activities, among others.